The edgertronic affordable high speed professional camera continues it’s software development and occasional fixes to issues that can pop up during extensive use. The new version which is v2.1.7 has a new FTP daemon which allows you to transfer files from the camera to a host computer on the network using the FTP protocol.
The previously released forced monochrome feature for color cameras also makes a solid feature release on this version of the software. This will allow you to use your color camera as a Monochrome version with some benefits but it will not be as good in low light or as detailed as a true Monochrome version of the camera.
The edgertronic camera still occupies the first spot in our affordable high speed camera guide here! This is a testament of the quality, software support and professional dependability of the camera.
Software Version 2.1.7 Information:
“Software Version 2.1.7 is now available for download and adds a number of useful new features:
1) FTP daemon is enabled
2) Fixed corner case defect that can show up when saving a video
3) Reduced calibration frequency
To update your camera, go to: http://wiki.edgertronic.com/index.php/Software_releases and follow the instructions carefully. As always, our software updates are FREE!
Improvements over software release version 2.1:
- Added Enhanced Dynamic Range EDR
- Added Force Monochrome for color cameras
- FTP daemon is enabled
- Fixed corner case defect that can show up when saving a video
- Reduced calibration frequency
- Added preferences tab in setting modal and removed Advanced Settings button. EDR and force monochrome settings are in the preferences tab.
- Save and restore user setting when updating software after camera is updated to 2.1.6.
- Fixed a calibration defect that occurs with some video capture settings when subsample is enabled.
- Added support for setting the camera clock using NTP Network Time Protocol.
- Added support for triggering a set of cameras using Multicast Network Trigger.
- Added internal manufacturing test calibration procedures.
- Fixed Smart Calibrate related defect.
- Change the default for Smart Calibrate to enabled.
The Software Version 2.2 will also be coming soon:
Software Version 2.2 – Coming Soon …
We’ve been busy working on Software Version 2.2 which we expect to release in a week or two. It’s in final test now and here are some of the new features that will be in 2.2:
- Save and Recall Favorite Settings
- Video Overlay including Frame Number, Settings, Notes and other user selectable fields
- New Python code and URLs
- Significantly improved Live Preview latency and frame rate
There’s a lot more in 2.2, but we want to save a few surprises for the official release.”
Sample footage of the edgertronic camera from our review:
You can see our extensive full three part review of the edgertronic camera here if you are interested in buying the camera:
Hummer with Edgertronic and Strobes by Roy Dunn!
More information about the camera and to see pricing and ordering information please visit: