The previously rumored HTC A55 will now launch in China late March or early next month as the HTC One E9 if rumors are correct. The specs are as follows:
- Quad HD (1440 x 2560 pixels) display
- 5.5 inches
- MediaTek 64-bit, octa-core MT6795 @ 2.0 GHz.
- Fauture not confirmed (480fps 1080p capable MT6795 chip)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Sense 7.0 UI
- BoomSound speakers
- 20 MP rear camera,
- 4 MP UltraPixel front-facing camera (13 MP, on some variants)
- 3 GB of RAM
- 32 GB of internal memory
Three color versions: white rose gold, metallic gray, and brown gold are rumored to be available.
Mediatek posted a video a few days ago showing the 480fps Full HD capability of it’s MT6795 chip. It shows the clip at regular speed then at 120fps and then finally at 480fps full HD. As to the quality some speculate the footage is not shot by a Phone but from a real high speed camera. We think it is shot by the phone but edited and sweetened in post to look as good.
There is a rumor that may become real in the coming days of the release of the HTC A55 Desire Phone with the Mediatek MT6795 chip capable of true slow motion in full HD 1080p at 480fps. The specs are as follows:
- Mediatek MT6795 2.0GHz*8 64Bit “480fps Capable”
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB ROM
- 5.5″ WQHD Display
- 20MP Back Camera with a LED flash “Sony Sensor?“
- 13MP or 4MP UltraPixel Front Camera
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Not big battery (less than 3000)
- Android 5.0
- Desire Sense 7.0
- Launch Date Feb 2015
This excerpt from the rumor at Android Authority Could signal the first 480fps capable smartphone of 2015:
The Latest on Hi Speed Affordable Imaging!