As expected by recent rumors, Sony unveiled the RX0 a compact action camera that is more high-end oriented than any action camera before it. A Crash cam for video production that has a large 1″ sensor with high sensitivity and S-Log 2 flat profile. It also has features like focus assist, full 4k 4:2:2 HDMI output to an external recorder and a 1/32000 shutter like other RX series cameras that gets rid of most of the rolling shutter distortion apparent in other action cameras.
While the GoPro Hero 4 and 5 have access to a Pro Tune Log style video profile; the camera is not really geared for high-end production. The RX0, however, is limited to 1080p 60fps internally with 4k output from HDMI to an external recorder as the only 4k output option. This gives GoPro, Yi 4k+, and Sony’s Action Cam series an edge of internal 4k recording.
Sony RX0 Main Features:
- Ultra-Compact, Lightweight Body
- 21MP 1″ Stacked CMOS Sensor 15.3MP Effective
- 15MP maximum Still Image Size-RAW
- Anti-distortion shutter of up to 1/32000 sec.
- 33ft (10m) waterproof without housing
- Timecode-Sync Multiple Cameras
- Internally Records 1080p60 Video
- High frame rates up to 960fps/1000fps
- Picture Profile and S-Log2 gamma setting
- 16fps Still Image Shooting at 15MP
- Zeiss 24mm-Equivalent Lens, f/4 Aperture
- XAVC-S, AVCHD and .MP4 Recording
- Control via App or VP1K Remote
- NTSC/PAL Switchable
- Shockproof Body from heights up to 6.5 ft (2.0 m)
- RX0 is crushproof under weights up to 440 lbf/2,000 N (200 kgf).
- Outputs Uncompressed 4:2:2 UHD 4K Video via HDMI
- MSRP: $699.99 USD available now!
- LENS TYPE: ZEISS Tessar T* Lens, 6 elements in 6 groups (6 aspheric elements)
- F-NUMBER (MAXIMUM APERTURE)F4.0 (Fixed)
- FOCAL LENGTH (F=)f=7.7mm;Still Image3:2 f=24mm;Still Image4:3 f=26mm;Still Image16:9 f=25.2mm;Still Image1:1 f=30.7mm
- FOCUS RANGE (FROM THE FRONT OF THE LENS)Approx. 50cm (1.7 ft.) to Infinity
- Fixed Focal – NO ZOOM!
- 3:2mode:15M(4,800×3,200) / 7.7M(3,408×2,272) /
- 3.8M(2,400×1,600)、4:3mode:14M(4,272×3,200) /
- 6.9M(3,024×2,272) / 3.4M(2,128×1,600) /
- VGA,16:9mode:13M(4,800×2,704) / 6.5M(3,408×1,920) /
- 3.2M(2,400×1,352),1:1mode:10M(3,200×3,200) /
- 5.2M(2,272×2,272) / 2.6M(1,600×1,600)
- 24p, 25p, 30fps, 50fps, 60fps 1080p continuous
- 720p 120fps Video Continuous Recording
Sony RX0 Slow Motion:
HFR Slow Motion Recording Modes:
“Super slow motion at frame rate of up to 960/1000fps is available to capture split-seconds of action in movies. Slow motion shooting at 480/500fps and 240/250fps especially maintains fine images at nearly HD quality with the choice of Quality Priority mode. End trigger mode lets you capture the decisive moment in super slow motion starting from two or four seconds before the REC button is pressed.”
[PAL] mode XAVC S HD 50Mbps recording:
50p 50 M (1,920×1,080/250fps), 50p 50 M (1,920×1,080/500fps), 50p 50 M (1,920×1,080/1000fps) / 25p 50 M (1,920×1,080/250fps), 25p 50 M (1,920×1,080/500fps), 25p 50 M (1,920×1,080/1000fps)
[NTSC] mode XAVC S HD 50Mbps recording:
60p 50M(1,920×1,080/240fps)、60p 50M(1,920×1,080/480fps)、60p 50M(1,920×1,080/960fps) / 30p 50M(1,920×1,080/240fps)、30p 50M(1,920×1,080/480fps)、30p 50M(1,920×1,080/960fps) / 24p 50M(1,920×1,080/240fps)、24p 50M(1,920×1,080/480fps)、24p 50M(1,920×1,080/960fps)
Quality Priority 2 Seconds Record Time:
Shoot Time Priority 4 seconds record Time:
Battery Life Video and Image Mode:
- BATTERY LIFE(STILL IMAGES)Approx. 240shots / Approx. 120mi
- BATTERY LIFE(MOVIES ACTUAL SHOOTING)Approx. 35min.
- BATTERY LIFE(MOVIES CONTINUOUS SHOOTING)Approx. 60min.
“MF Assist and Peaking functions refine focus
To help you fine-tune focus, Manual Focus (MF) Assist magnifies the area you are focusing on to enable more precise adjustment while Peaking highlights the sharpest or most in-focus area with your choice of color to help determine whether further focusing adjustment is required.”
“Auto Power OFF Temperature can extend movie shooting duration
You can choose an internal temperature level at which the camera automatically powers off. For example, movie shots tend to run longer when a tripod is used, so by setting Auto Power OFF Temperature to “High”, movies can be shot for extended durations.” → Continue Reading Full Post ←